I have a new keyboard! An infinity ergodox. It’s a major pain to flash, and it took me forever to figure it out, so I thought I would record what worked for later reference. Turns out it’s very simple, but there isn’t anywhere that explains it.
- Go to the configuration site here and set up your layout.
- Download the firmware from the site
- Navigate by terminal to the folder
- Ensure that dfu-util is installed (brew install dfu-util on a Mac)
- Plug in the left half alone, press the reset button, and run the command
dfu-util -D left_kiibohd.dfu.bin; likewise on the right with the right .bin file.
- That’s it! Enjoy!
I’ve also managed to get QMK running on the Infinity. It was pretty easy, except for a small problem with Git submodules that I had to figure out. QMK has more features and I have used it on a number of other boards, so that’s probably what I’ll use from here on out. Screenshots of my layout are below.
comments powered by Disqus